Tuesday, August 19, 2008
1st Day of Kindergarten!!
Today was Faith's first day of Kindergarten. How sad!! Mike and I held it together until we pulled out of the parking lot then we both kinda broke down...LOL!! As you can see from the picture she was excited about her first day of school.. She loves to be around other kids so I figured that she would do good. It's always that first day of sending her somewhere new where no one knows her or anything about her. It is a whole different world having to send a special needs kid to school than it is to send a typical kid. No one would understand that unless they've had to do it. Anyways this morning the nurse from the school called me to tell me that she was doing just fine and she liking school so far... Then when I went to pick her up her teacher Mrs. Christie said she did really good today and that she would probably be really tired tonight because they are not allowed to take naps and let me tell ya when we got her home she wasn't even in her chair for 10 min and she was out cold..LOL!! Poor little thing... Her teacher said that she was the only one that didn't cry today in her class... Anyways it was a Fun day for Faith Autumn!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
My Bee has the same backpack in purple to start kindergarten next week. We got it at Walmart a few weeks ago. She just knew that was the bag she needed for school.
I don't know exactly how you felt leaving her today because obviously all circumstances are totally different. When Isaiah (who was born three months early, weighing 2 lbs 3 oz, and had a brain hemorhage and hydrocephulus) started school, he still had an incredibly serious speech delay and walked, ran with an obviously different gait than most children, and was still way smaller than the children despite the fact that we'd waited an extra year to start him in school. I was scared to death that the teacher wouldn't be able to understand him, and he'd end up in tears because he was embarassed. I was also very scared that he would be made fun of because of his speech, the way he walked, and his size. To my knowledge he has never been made fun of at all. His teachers have actually told me that many of the kids try to protect him and overcompensate for him. In first grade there was a little girl who was about nine inches taller than him and very mature that followed him around and mothered him TO DEATH. It was so hard to let him go into a classroom full of "typical peers", knowing that they didn't understand him. All those feelings I had, and I know it's only a glimpse of what mommy heart felt as you pulled away.
I'll be praying for you as you adjust to sending your Faith off everyday. I'll also be praying that Faith continues to love her time at school.
Post a Comment