Saturday, May 31, 2008

Extraordinary Requirements >Day 13

" And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it."

Did you know that God loves to use ordinary people to do extraordinary things?
Look at Peter. He was just a fisherman, but God called him "the rock upon which I will build my church."
What about Mary? she was an unmarried teenager, but God chose her to give birth to Jesus.
How about David? He was the little guy in the family. When his brothers went to war, he had to stay at home and watch over the sheep. Still, God called him to defeat the giant. Amazing, isn't it?
If your feeling like you're not cut out for this motherhood job, cheer up! God is using you to extraordinary things for His kingdom, too. He wouldn't have entrusted you with his precious children if He didn't believe you could handle it. Of course, it's difficult some days. But, hey, God is a big God-bigger than all of our doubts,transgressions, and faults. You don't have to be perfect. You just have to be available. Open your heart and let God restore your hope today. He has extraordinary things in store for you!

Mother To Master;
Lord, do the extraordinary in me and through me today. Amen.

The shocking message of the Bible continues to be that God has chosen the least suspecting of all vessels to do his greatest work. What you are at this particular moment in your life is irrelevant-your nationality, your education, your personality.... What counts most is what and who you are willing to become.
Tim Hansel

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Had one of those difficult days today so I really enjoyed this post!

STEPH said...

Heidi I am glad that you enjoted it. I know that everytime I post these little stories( or whatever u want to call them) I see things that I could change in my life. God is realing dealing with me through this book. I'm glad that I am not the only one getting something out of these posts.