But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 2Corinthians 12:9
Nobody likes to admit weaknesses but, hey, we've all got them. the good news is this- God can work with weakness. In fact, His Word tells us that His power is made perfect in our weakness. Pretty cool, eh? So, why is it so difficult to admit we have weaknesses?
I'll be honest I hate to admit that I have weaknesses- especially with my children. I like to appear perfect and "superhero-like." I want Faith, Bryce and Brady to think that they have the coolest mom in the world-a mom who love s God, loves them, and can still skateboard with the best of them. But over the past few years , I am pretty sure that my children have figured out that I have some weaknesses-definitely! The cat is out of the bag, so to speak.
And I'm ok with that. If we let our children see our shortcomings, they'll feel better about their own weaknesses. So quit trying to disguise your weaknesses or make excuses for them. Just admit you've got them and let God's power be made perfect in them.
Mother To Master
Father, Thank you for working through my weaknesses. Amen.
As a countenance is made beautiful by the soul's shining through it, so the world is beautiful by the shining through it of God.
Friedrich Heinrich Jacobi
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment