Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Momentary Meditation> Day 30

But from everlasting to everlasting the Lord's love is with those who fear him. Psalm 103:17

Life is just so busy! There are some days when I can't see past the end of my nose. Deadlines, overflowing laundry baskets, soccer practice, grocery shopping... Tomorrow seems an eternity away, and I can't even wrap my mind around the concept of eternity. So when I read a verse that says God's love is with is from everlasting to everlasting, I don't always get it.
Lately when having my Bible study time, I've been asking God to turn off the ti-do list part of my brain so that I can really hear God's voice through His Word. And you know what? It works! Suddenly, His Word leaps off the page, and all at once, I get it!
Psalm 103:17 has become one of my very favorite verses. To think that someone-especially the Creator of the universe-could love me forever and ever is so great! What a wonderful promise!
As moms we don't we don't have a lot of time to meditate on God's Word, so we have to make the most of those moments with the Master. Ask God to help you really focus as you read the Bible. ask Him to show you what He has especially;;y for you on that day. It's exciting!

Mother To Master;
Lord, help me to meditate more on Your Word. Amen.

In the noise and clatter of my kitchen.... I posses God in a great tranquility as if I were on my knees.
Brother Lawrence

No comments: