He will not allow your foot to be moved; He who keeps you will not slumber. Psalm 121:3 NKJV
I think the world need more rocking chairs. We were at Cracker Barrel not long ago and had to wait for a table, so we all went outside and plopped down in our own rocking chairs. I hadn't sat in a rocking chair since my girls were babies.
With each swaying movement, I was taken back to a precious memory of holding baby Abby ans baby Ally in my arms. Now that they are older, they don't sit on my lap very often. They are far "too cool" for that. Sometimes, I long for those rocking chair days. Rocking chairs force you to slow down and enjoy the moment. It's impossible to be stressed out while rocking. Sitting in a rocking chair is like cozying up to a close, old friend. There's something very comforting and comfortable about spending time in a rocking chair.
You know, even if you don't have a rocking chair at your house, you can spend some quality rocking time in God's rocker. When I pray to the Father, I always picture Him sitting in a big wooden rocking chair and beckoning me to sit on His lap. If you need to de-stress today, crawl into your Heavenly Father's lap and rock awhile.
Mother To Master;
Lord, I need to spend some quality time just rocking with You today. Thanks for loving me. Amen.
Jesus know that we must come apart and rest awhile, or else we may just plain come apart.
Vance Havner.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment