Saturday, June 14, 2008

What You Need. > Day 27

" Your Father know exactly what you need even before you ask him!" Matthew 6:8 NLT

Have you ever been so distraught that you didn't even know what to pray? I think we've all been there at some point in our lives. After my father had his stroke and they didn't know if he would live through the night, I became numb. It was touch and go for several days, and all I did was rive to and from the hospital. On those forty-minute drives, I would try to pray, but all I could do was say the name of Jesus. Thankfully, that was enough.
In Matthew 6:8, the Word tells us that God know what we need even before we ask Him. That's good to know, isn't it? Even when we can't pray what we want to pray, God knows our hearts. He know what we need. If we simply call on the name of Jesus, He is right there beside us.
No matter how desperate you are today, no matter how hopeless you feel, no matter how far from God you think your are....God loves you. He wants to help you. He wants to help your children. He wants to bring you through this difficult time. Call on Him today.


Mom To Master:
Thank You, Lord, for knowing me so well and hearing my heart. Amen.

What seem our worst prayers may really be, in God's eyes, our best. Those, I mean, which are least supported be devotional feeling. For these may come from a deeper level than feeling. God sometimes seems to speak to us most intimately when He catches us, as it were, off our guard.
C. S. Lewis.

No comments: